Dec 31, 2009

Round Up 2009 : Top 5 EPs

A list of the top 5 EPs that really stood out for me. These EPs are, in my opinion, incredible and wonderfully consistent, sort of like a really good yogurt or ice cream. Damn I'm hungry. Here's to yogurt and ice cream (and good music) in 2010!

5. Erol Alkan & Boys Noize - Waves/Death Suite
A joint effort by the two biggest Turkish producers in the world. Enough said.

Erol Alkan & Boys Noize - Waves

4. Siriusmo - The Uninvited Guest
Siriusmo is one talented boy. Listening to his EP just tells you about the wide knowledge he has of music in general. Sure, anyone can make random synths, sounds and glitches, but it takes a lot of skill to make it addictive to listen to.

Siriusmo - High Together

3. Mustard Pimp - Cherry & Kiwi
Mustard Pimp! If you go through Rarche, you'll find Mustard Pimp is one of the most blogged about artists, as well as being one of the most highly praised. This EP is a prime example of their music : loud, abrasive, and in your face. Just how I like it.

Mustard Pimp - Cherry (Mustard Pimp Dark Remix)

2. Boys Noize - Starter
Remember what I said about needing a huge amount of skill to pull off glitch/Turkish producers? The first time I heard the glitchiness of Jeffer, I had it on constant repeat. That normally doesn't happen to me. Then a few months later, after having initially ignored Starter, I started listening to it a lot. Moral of the story is, this EP is good stuff.

Boys Noize - Jeffer

1. Fake Blood - Fix Your Accent
Blew my mind when I heard this. When I got my hands on this, I was expecting something similar to Mars. The Chicago House sound hit me hard, knocked me down, and made me completely forget about the type of song I was originally expecting from Fake Blood, which could be found in The Dozens if need arose. Say, that kid thinks of everything.

Fake Blood - Fix Your Accent

2 comments:

  1. have you heard the waves chilly gonzales piano remake?? it's fucking heavenly awesome. to this day, i still cannot stop listening to it, but the original's good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i have
    it is fair sweet
    but i prefer the original
    got that 100% turkish flair to it

    ReplyDelete

Yes sir, leave opinions here sir. Thank you sir.