Dec 2, 2009

Round Up: November

November has been eliminated. Be jolly for December!

Top 3 Most Downloaded:
1. Bag Raiders - All The Girls
2. Arctic Monkeys - Cornerstone (Acoustic Version)
3. Wolfmother - Woman (MSTRKRFT Remix)

Commentary:
1. I'll be honest here. Probably the worst song I've ever heard from Bag Raiders for three years.
2. It's not that different to the album version, but I guess less grizzliness and fuzziness is always a good thing. Unless it's a banger. Of course.
3. Ahh, MSTRKRFT. I remember a time when MSTRKRFT were my favourite remixers. Fast forward to '09, and it's Fake Blood. Still, this is a gleaming example of why I was completely enamoured with MSTRKRFT. Brilliant.

Top 3 Most Underappreciated:
1. Asobi Seksu - Familiar Light (Twins Remix)
2. Pelifics - Forever (Hemingway Remix)
3. Shadow Dancer - Soap

Commentary:
1. Asobi Seksu fit the definition of a 'cool' band, one that is 'hip' and 'hop' (unlike me). Twins remixes this track seemlessly, and the end result is gorgeous.
2. Smooth, and handled with utter panache and style. Typical Hemingway, this kid's going somewhere.
3. Drop, drop, drop. Glitch, glitch, glitch. That's all I can say about Soap, except that it's also good for cleaning oneself.

Bonus For Rarchesters:
MPHO - Box N Locks
Cassius - Almost Cut My Hair

2 comments:

  1. always look forward to this post big man!

    and you didnt disappoint. excellent selection

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, thanks dude
    it's comments like these that give me the strength and courage to face the whole wide world
    you're a true hero

    ReplyDelete

Yes sir, leave opinions here sir. Thank you sir.