Dec 6, 2009

Danger Interview


Yo, new Danger interview out (it's in French). Ignore the dodgy grammar, my quick brush up of Google Translator's work will have to suffice.

So.

0) How Franck would describe the character "Danger".

It moves so strangely on stage, and does not seem to get warm even when it's 50 degrees.

1) Your musical universe, from your graphics to your outfits have made you a very popular artist in the electronica scene, a track from Danger is recognisable among 100 (?). How did you see the success and the euphoria around Danger, and the world around it?

I continue to be close to my influences, I make the songs I want to, I meet many people, I see many things, and I always pass many hours in front of a screen.

2) Tell us how you create, influences, video games etc. How do you take everything in your imagination and turn it into music?

After speaking with many DJs and musicians, I realise that I have a strange way to do that. I imagine a scene that I often draw, and it recalls to me that specific music, I work in a very visual way.

3) In your debut, you said you brought out the emotions/ideals of a child/youth through your productions, graphics etc. We feel that this line driver (?), change your sound, you live well, your world is changing and growing, is it linked to this "child" that which eventually grow and change ...?

It changes as my influences change, some are dark, some more Goler (evolved form of Geodude?) but I remain the same filter, I know what can go into Danger, and what can not.

4) One of your shows is as visual as it is musical, how do you prepare for this?

I work on my set live with a different device that uses unique technology.

5) With this rapid rise in fame, and you become to be wanted more and more all over the world, are you still a graphic designer/illustrator, or do you feel that the DJ/producer part of you is starting to take over?

I remain both, and both of them are becoming increasingly linked. I received about 300 drawings for the Danger Drawing Tournament, I draw a lot on the plane, I create all artworks for Danger while travelling on trains or planes, with a graphics tablet on my knees. Old people always ask me how it works.

6) Tell us about any current projects, such as what we can expect, like a new site, videoclips, a 3rd EP, or an album? You've held us in suspense for months!

I take my time because I feel it must be good, I do not feel a thing out in tears (?), I do not see videoclips as something that goes with the music, but as a short movie. The same goes for my album. My next EP released in November 2009. I'll post snippets from my new work on my Myspace in the summer, while preparing for the album that I'm currently working on. (NB: Apparently there are delays in releases, we must wait yet again)

7) What do you listen to when listening to music?

Blade Runner Original Sound Track
Hellsing (Manga) Original Sound Track
Wu Tand - The City


8) Danger. Whether it's a release or live, it is idolatrous or love him (?), if I was to ask you to win someone over, or 100 people over, what would you say to make people want you?

It seems that if you were to go on my page right now, you might receive an email chelou.

Danger - 19h11

Erm, I think my translation is full of holes.

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe. Great read. Love the fail translations:

    I do not feel a thing out in tears,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hereby decree that this translation be officially deemed an 'epic fail'.

    ReplyDelete

Yes sir, leave opinions here sir. Thank you sir.