Nov 26, 2009

London Loves You Too


Crystal Fighters resfreshing single, I Love London has garnered much deserved attention from various blogs, and, well, why not? It buzzes and reverberates along at a frantic pace, and the whole song just screams, erm, I love London? Sorry. Stuck for a description.

80Kidz and Kid Cola (play the two remixes at the same time for an 80KidzCola remix) both apply squelching, squealing synths, but in slightly different ways. 80Kidz maintain the hectic feel of the original, as well as adding a 90's techno rave stab, while Kid Cola slows it right down, showing off a more fidgety type of approach.

Oh, Crystal Fighters remix for you kids. Hurried and brilliant, as always.

Crystal Fighters - I Love London

Crystal Fighters - I Love London (80Kidz Remix)
Crystal Fighters - I Love London (Kid Cola Remix)
Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk (Crystal Fighters Remix)

The unmistakeably Spanish accent shouting I Love London reminds me of a Japanese tourist I once saw in Cambodia. He wanted to buy a souvenir, which was fixed at a price of 10 American dollars. Despite the tourists attempt to haggle, the Cambodian vendor stood by the original price. The persistent tourist then started to say I Love Cambodia in a heavy Japanese accent. Needless to say, the tourist got the price down to 7 American dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes sir, leave opinions here sir. Thank you sir.