May 4, 2009

White Lies Don't Hurt


White Lies have a penchant for making morbid yet beautiful music. It's kinda their signature sound. They released their debut album a few months ago, 'To Lose My Life'. This song didn't feature, for reasons that are beyond me. By far their best track.

White Lies - You Still Love Him

If depressing songs aren't your thing, you might want to try your hand out (no, I don't mean it in that way, you immature fool) at Fred Falke's masterful take on Digitalism's Apollo-Gize*. The original is about a failing relationship which needs patching up, but Fred Falke manages to
veer it away from that sound and smother it in honey-sunshine goodness.

Digitalism - Apollo-Gize (Fred Falke Remix)

*Despite seeing 'Apollo-Gize' over and over again (in the form of the original and numerous remixes, including my own) I consistently manage to spell it 'Appolo-Gize' on my first attempt. I guess my brain just wants me to type 'apple'.

2 comments:

  1. Fred Falke Remix is a nice version %D.

    I really like the White Lies song, do have many more of their tracks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, the fred falke remix is my favourite interpretation
    i have more white lies, but trust me, that's their best song by far
    might post something soon for you though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Yes sir, leave opinions here sir. Thank you sir.